Wow it’s been a while, hasn’t it?
Yes, I am still alive. Apologies for the lack of activity – the rest of my summer was taken up with writing and submitting my dissertation and finishing my Masters. Which, woo, is all done now. I passed with distinction (!!!) and graduated in December. So what’s new? Well, aside from no longer being a student, I finished up my work as a Learning Support Assistant at the end of last year and am now on a temporary contract as an admin/receptionist/resourcer which isn’t ideal but it’s money and experience and definitely better than nothing!
So where does all this leave the blog?
There’s been a lot going on in the world, and a lot I’d love to write about – from the shootings in America to the rape in Delhi, from feminism, sexism within the atheist community and wider world in general, travel bits and pieces etc etc. I even have about five posts started but hanging around the ‘draft’ graveyard unfinished due to a number of issues – times, motivation, focus, blah blah. And also due to a realisation that I simply don’t know enough about these topics in order to write an properly informed opinion.
So I’ve been educating myself and I thought I’d share with you guys a few of the blogs I read so you can see what I and my opinions are being influenced by.
- RT @AlanaMassey: A white man murders a black man and his STATED RACIST MURDER MOTIVE gets fewer words in @NYDailyNews than the dead man's p… 1 day ago
- Pleas read this thread about the difficulties for a refugee to open a bank account. Should not be this hard twitter.com/simonneville/s… 1 day ago
- @GwynMT @StandardIssueUK Awww cute. Pretty sure mine is on it's way to that! 2 days ago
- @adanceaday17 @StandardIssueUK @keepingtoys That's brilliant! It's amazing what kids attach themselves to 😊 2 days ago
- @StandardIssueUK @keepingtoys He's a little worn... 2 days ago