Wow it’s been a while, hasn’t it?
Yes, I am still alive. Apologies for the lack of activity – the rest of my summer was taken up with writing and submitting my dissertation and finishing my Masters. Which, woo, is all done now. I passed with distinction (!!!) and graduated in December. So what’s new? Well, aside from no longer being a student, I finished up my work as a Learning Support Assistant at the end of last year and am now on a temporary contract as an admin/receptionist/resourcer which isn’t ideal but it’s money and experience and definitely better than nothing!
So where does all this leave the blog?
There’s been a lot going on in the world, and a lot I’d love to write about – from the shootings in America to the rape in Delhi, from feminism, sexism within the atheist community and wider world in general, travel bits and pieces etc etc. I even have about five posts started but hanging around the ‘draft’ graveyard unfinished due to a number of issues – times, motivation, focus, blah blah. And also due to a realisation that I simply don’t know enough about these topics in order to write an properly informed opinion.
So I’ve been educating myself and I thought I’d share with you guys a few of the blogs I read so you can see what I and my opinions are being influenced by.
- @eyejosh @ahddrv @janehparkinson People shouldn't have to die for things to get done 10 hours ago
- @sazza_jay @judeinlondon Some people just want to watch the world burn 😂 2 days ago
- Today's #traveltuesday is Gaudi's Sagrida Familia in Barcelona. Unfortunately didn't get to… instagram.com/p/BVke5qlAw96/ 3 days ago
- RT @CarveMag: Found : 2 surfboards in the middle lane of the M5 southbound today- contact Harvey Standen on fb https://t.co/dN1LxutFjt 4 days ago
- Sonar you were fab. Now I need all the sleep. Sunrise over Barcelona as the bus dropped us back… instagram.com/p/BVg43d8g-45/ 4 days ago