Wow it’s been a while, hasn’t it?
Yes, I am still alive. Apologies for the lack of activity – the rest of my summer was taken up with writing and submitting my dissertation and finishing my Masters. Which, woo, is all done now. I passed with distinction (!!!) and graduated in December. So what’s new? Well, aside from no longer being a student, I finished up my work as a Learning Support Assistant at the end of last year and am now on a temporary contract as an admin/receptionist/resourcer which isn’t ideal but it’s money and experience and definitely better than nothing!
So where does all this leave the blog?
There’s been a lot going on in the world, and a lot I’d love to write about – from the shootings in America to the rape in Delhi, from feminism, sexism within the atheist community and wider world in general, travel bits and pieces etc etc. I even have about five posts started but hanging around the ‘draft’ graveyard unfinished due to a number of issues – times, motivation, focus, blah blah. And also due to a realisation that I simply don’t know enough about these topics in order to write an properly informed opinion.
So I’ve been educating myself and I thought I’d share with you guys a few of the blogs I read so you can see what I and my opinions are being influenced by.
- I have to go back to Kew for today's #traveltuesday. The palm house was stunning - Victorian… instagram.com/p/BaXLra-gAc7/ 5 days ago
- RT @stephenniem: Dear Entire World: #Viking ‘Allah’ textile actually doesn't have Allah on it. Vikings had rich contacts w/Arab world. This… 6 days ago
- I learnt a new thing! I *think* it's called 'karate kid' - at least that's what we're calling it… instagram.com/p/BaUosJjgIh4/ 6 days ago
- @Alyssa_Milano Me too 1 week ago
- A lovely afternoon spent walking around Kew Gardens. Spontaneous decision to visit rewarded with… instagram.com/p/BaR8uX0A9AH/ 1 week ago