Wow it’s been a while, hasn’t it?
Yes, I am still alive. Apologies for the lack of activity – the rest of my summer was taken up with writing and submitting my dissertation and finishing my Masters. Which, woo, is all done now. I passed with distinction (!!!) and graduated in December. So what’s new? Well, aside from no longer being a student, I finished up my work as a Learning Support Assistant at the end of last year and am now on a temporary contract as an admin/receptionist/resourcer which isn’t ideal but it’s money and experience and definitely better than nothing!
So where does all this leave the blog?
There’s been a lot going on in the world, and a lot I’d love to write about – from the shootings in America to the rape in Delhi, from feminism, sexism within the atheist community and wider world in general, travel bits and pieces etc etc. I even have about five posts started but hanging around the ‘draft’ graveyard unfinished due to a number of issues – times, motivation, focus, blah blah. And also due to a realisation that I simply don’t know enough about these topics in order to write an properly informed opinion.
So I’ve been educating myself and I thought I’d share with you guys a few of the blogs I read so you can see what I and my opinions are being influenced by.
- To Morocco for today's #traveltuesday - beach meets town ❤️ Photo taken during a surf trip down… instagram.com/p/BTUp5JDAf6c/ 1 day ago
- RT @TheLastLeg: #signuptovote 🗳 Do your bit! Retweet this and make sure you're registered to vote! 👉 gov.uk/register-to-vo… https://t.co/Y… 4 days ago
- 'Carry on my Wayward Son' plays at the end of anchorman... I am not ok with this. It doesn't feel right without Dean and Sam 😂 5 days ago
- Something a bit different for today's #traveltuesday... There's a place up Mt. Tambourine in… instagram.com/p/BTCWfsoA592/ 1 week ago
- @STATravel_UK Reflections? 1 week ago